16/4/09

Connectors or Linking words 1

Copulative Connectors:



and - y

It is hard for a student to work and study at the same time.
Es difícil para un estudiante trabajar y estudiar al mismo tiempo
not only...but also... - no solo...sino también...

Mary plays not only the guitar but also the violin.
Mary no solo toca la guitarra sino también el violín.
not only...but...as well - no solo...sino...también

She is not only beautiful but very intelligent as well.
Ella no solo es hermosa sino que es muy inteligente también.
both...and... - tanto...como... / ambas cosas

Bill wants both to earn more money and to work less.
Bill quiere ambas cosas, ganar más dinero y trabajar menos.

no sooner...than... - apenas...cuando...

I had no sooner gotten into the bathtub than the telephone rang.
Apenas me había metido en la bañera cuando sonó el teléfono.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi!
    It is a wonderful and a constructive blog.
    You teach not only English but also blogging.
    It is not only helpful but very entreteining as well.
    I like both to learn English and to write blogs.
    I had not sooner written in one blog than the other one needs to be spand.
    How is my homework?
    Sincerelly my best regards.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. thank you so much , well done; you've done an excellect job!, thakns for your compliments, i just do my best for my students and all the people learning English all over the world. Hugs!

    ResponderEliminar