16/8/09

prepositions (elementary)


In each sentence, choose the best word or phrase to complete the gap from the choices below (a, b, c, or d).

1. I had lots of posters ____ the wall of my bedroom when I was a teenager.
a) to b) on c) in d) at

2. I usually walk _____ work everyday. It keeps me fit.
a) to b) for c) in d) at

3. I think I put the milk _____ the fridge. Can you see it?
a) at b) to c) in d) with

4. If you feel ill, perhaps you should stay _____ home tomorrow.
a) in b) at c) to d) by

5. The train arrived _____ the station twenty minutes late.
a) for b) to c) at d) by

6. The plane had to return _____ the airport because of the storm. It was too dangerous to continue.
a) in b) for c) to d) at

7. Sheila is coming back _____ holiday tomorrow.
a) from b) out of c) in d) to

8. There was an accident last night _____ the end of our street.
a) in b) from c) on d) at

9. When the weather is nice we normally sit _____ the garden.
a) at b) on c) in d) to

10. The rider fell _____ the horse and broke his arm.
a) out of b) down c) for d) off

11. Put the books back _____ the shelf after the class, please.
a) in b) on c) at d) up

12. I lost my money somewhere _____ the hotel and the beach.
a) between b) from c) to d) into

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario